Look closer. Think harder. Choose the sound argument over the clever one.

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Coexist: I still like it

There are mountains of worthless lefty bumper stickers our there. So when I find one I actually like, I take note. I really like the Coexist one.

So I also took note when this guy deconstructed it. (Note that his is more elaborate, too.)

His point deserves pondering: camps in many religions/ideologies use the message of tolerance and coexistence to keep the heat off while they try to gain power, fully intending no such tolerance of their own. Vigilence in calling this out is justified.

But I think he's painting with too broad a brush. Taking it at face value, I still like it.

I also hope its message pushes the less militant of each ideology away from the more militant, and gives traction to those calling them out.

Via Instapundit.


Comments:

(Please keep in mind that each commenter's opinions are only his/her own.)


Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?