Look closer. Think harder. Choose the sound argument over the clever one.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A closet Christian

Via salon.com, "I am a closet Christian":
To [my cosmopolitan, progressive friends], my situation is far more sinister: I am the bane of their youth, the boogeyman of their politics, the very thing they left their small towns to escape. I am a Christian.

It's an open bigotry that would bring shame were it directed towards any other demographic. (At least that's one thing I took away. Read the whole thing for yours.) Another: courage is sorely in need. (I don't hold myself out as the model of courage, either.)


Comments:

(Please keep in mind that each commenter's opinions are only his/her own.)


Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?