Look closer. Think harder. Choose the sound argument over the clever one.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

McCain, Clinton, Obama

I've been meaning to comment on the Presidential race. I suppose I should.

The truth is, I haven't been following it very closely, especially early on. (Really, it's true!)

Not crazy about McCain. He has plenty of hyperbole on the record. McCain-Feingold does seem like it's against free speech. But he's the most experienced. (I was much less crazy about Huckabee. To the tiny extent I followed it, I liked Fred Thompson best, but he didn't stand a chance.)

I'm glad Clinton isn't inevitable. The corruption factor is pretty horrific: Bill Clinton breaking new ethical ground peddling access to the Whitehouse? Very, very bad.

I think Obama is the mirror of desire. It's a Harry Potter reference: each sees in him what (s)he most wants to see. Yes, he's a very well-spoken guy. I don't care what his middle name is. I do care about his voting record: most predictable liberal vote in the Senate." (And the corruption factor's right there, too.) He could potentially grow up in office, avoiding stupid decisions that would lead to an Iraqi genocide.

Whoever wins--McCain, Clinton or Obama: the Republic will survive. I feel compelled to say that in light of all the unhinged rhetoric over the last several years.

Of course, the Republic survived some very sad chapters in the past: John Kerry's friends in Congress, for instance, deliberately allowing the Cambodian genocide. Let's not repeat that.

We'll see.


Comments:

(Please keep in mind that each commenter's opinions are only his/her own.)



Thats what I reckon. I don't know what the big deal is. They are all the same right?
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?