Look closer. Think harder. Choose the sound argument over the clever one.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Google Book Search & Plagiarism

In the spirit of looking closer, I thought this Slate article was interesting: Dead Plagiarists Society: Will Google Book Search uncover long-buried literary crimes?

If you're not familiar with it, Google Book Search is striving to scan the entire contents of every single book ever published, so you can search them like you would the web.

Only Google will know, since exhaustively searching everything for anything else isn't feasible. But I'm sure some (as mentioned in the article) will search at least the most famous works.

While I have my problems with Google, I think this is an excellent endeavor (and not just to find plagiarism).

Hat-tip: PajamasMedia


Comments:

(Please keep in mind that each commenter's opinions are only his/her own.)


Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?