Look closer. Think harder. Choose the sound argument over the clever one.

Saturday, October 09, 2004

Tonight's Bush-Kerry debate

Kerry's words on his vote against the $87 billion (for our troops in Iraq) are in dire need of scrutiny...

...here's what I'll say about the $87 billion...Now, I voted the way I voted because I saw that he had the policy wrong and I wanted accountability. I didn't want to give a slush fund to Halliburton.

Perhaps, but is he really on record as claiming that at the time?

But here's the doozie...

I also thought the wealthiest people in America ought to pay for it, ladies and gentlemen. He wants your kids to pay for it. I wanted us to pay for it, since we're at war. I don't think that's a bad decision.

But where the money comes from and where it goes are two completely separate issues. (Was there a "put my tax money toward our troops" line on the 2002 Tax Form?) So he denies our troops needed equipment because the wealthiest people in America aren't directly footing the bill? By denying our soldiers their resources, it seems like Kerry "wants your kids to pay for it," with their lives.

Kerry's "make the wealthy pay for it" mantra isn't the weapon he hopes it is.

(And, for the record, I've never made Kerry's "wealthiest people in America" cut--$200,000 or more a year.)

Here's the transcript.


Comments:

(Please keep in mind that each commenter's opinions are only his/her own.)


Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?